Re: VCR advice

Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:26:58 -0800 (PST)

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C0AD5B.563336C0

Hi Sally,

FWIW, over the years I've had the best luck with the Panasonic line =
(such as the PV-8450, but I suspect they're mostly similar). Not only =
have they held up to the steady abuse of daily reviewing, the Panasonic =
VCR's have one of the fastest fast-forwards out there (sometimes useful =
when reviewing exercise videos:)

Best,

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380
Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
Web: www.videolibrarian.com
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Sally S. Wellman=20
To: Multiple recipients of list=20
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 2:15 PM
Subject: VCR advice

We are looking for a rugged VCR that will stand up to our demands. =
The junk that we are forced to buy on state contract can't stand up to =
our work. We just seem to wear out the machines by constantly inserting =
and ejecting tapes. Basically, we will use this VCR to watch only a =
few minutes of a tape to gather cataloging information, check for =
damage, etc. -- we never use it to record or for screenings.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may send my way.

Sally S. Wellman
Assistant Coordinator, Special Services
& Manager, Audiovisual Resource Center
State Library of Louisiana
701 N. 4th St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802

Voice: 225-342-4939
Fax: 225-342-4941=20

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C0AD5B.563336C0

Hi Sally,

FWIW, over the years I've had the best = luck with=20 the Panasonic line (such as the PV-8450, but I suspect they're mostly = similar).=20 Not only have they held up to the steady abuse of daily reviewing, the = Panasonic=20 VCR's have one of the fastest fast-forwards out there (sometimes useful = when=20 reviewing exercise videos:)

Best,

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian