Re: Need Advice on Mailing lists

Clark, Jeff (clarkjc@jmu.edu)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:25:41 -0800 (PST)

Jessica,

I'll second Lisa Livingston's remarks about CCUMC. I'm a
member too; in fact, we're both currently serving on the
same committee.

Our annual conferences do tend in recent years to focus
more attention on technology-related issues--but they're
the fastest changing, with the most to do presentations
on incessantly. As Lisa indicates, CCUMC has many of the
major academic media collections in the U.S. And in my
work with the org over recent years I hear frequent
communications from CCUMC colleagues at other
institutions with more typical collections (like mine),
large and small, related to programming availability,
etc.

Jeff

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:21:41 -0800 (PST) Jessica Rosner
<jrosner@kino.com> wrote:

> Well I hate to reverse the trend on this list but as an evil commercial
> vendor
> I need some help from librarians. I am just about to print our new FILM
> catalogue
> ( you remember film, the clunky stuff on reels) and I am about to buy some
> mailing lists
> Traditionally I buy lists from SCS, NACA, UFVA & CCUMC but I am wondering if
> the
> CCUMC list is relevant. Are any of you guys members ? It seems more oriented
> towards
> technology than content so I am not sure if I want to spend the money
> mailing a film
> catalogue for this group. We can of course do Public Performance Video
> screenings on most of the titles in our "film" catalogue but I am trying to
> limit the mailing to people who would in
> fact need sources for PUBLIC showings of films.
>
> Feel free to e-mail me Directly so as not to clutter up the list with
> "commercial"
> discussion.
>
> Jessica Rosner
> Kino