Re: Need Advice on Mailing lists

Lisa Livingston (lmlivingston@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:45:37 -0800 (PST)

As a CCUMC member, I can assure you that many members are
EXTREMELY interested in content (film, video, etc.). In fact CCUMCers
manage some of the largest media collections in the country.

Lisa Livingston

Well I hate to reverse the trend on this list but as an evil commercial
>vendor
>I need some help from librarians. I am just about to print our new FILM
>catalogue
>( you remember film, the clunky stuff on reels) and I am about to buy some
>mailing lists
>Traditionally I buy lists from SCS, NACA, UFVA & CCUMC but I am wondering if
>the
>CCUMC list is relevant. Are any of you guys members ? It seems more oriented
>towards
>technology than content so I am not sure if I want to spend the money
>mailing a film
>catalogue for this group. We can of course do Public Performance Video
>screenings on most of the titles in our "film" catalogue but I am trying to
>limit the mailing to people who would in
>fact need sources for PUBLIC showings of films.
>
>Feel free to e-mail me Directly so as not to clutter up the list with
>"commercial"
>discussion.
>
>Jessica Rosner
>Kino
>Jrosner@Kino.com

Lisa Livingston
Director, Instructional Media Development Center
University of Wisconsin/School of Education
142 Education Science Building
1025 W. Johnson Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
V: 608.262.3431 F:608.262.6447