Re: Catalogs vs. the WWW

Gail B. Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:55:17 -0800 (PST)

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C0AD4E.4DE3C140

Ditto! Additionally, I have never had a print catalog fail to open when =
I needed it and am able to flip through the pages quickly without having =
to browse for something specific. It is not unusual to have trouble =
accessing Internet sites (for a variety of reasons), and browsing a web =
site is tedious at best.
Raised on print,

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Carol Dunn <dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 12:36 PM
Subject: Catalogs vs. the WWW

> I keep all my catalogs for an entire year! I can't live without =
them!!! I
> hope I retire before all the catalogs go web-based....I just cannot =
stare at
> a computer 8 hours a day.
> Carol Dunn
> AV Librarian, NT Administrator and Webmaster
> Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
> 206 Broadway
> Findlay, Ohio 45840
> 419.422.1712 Ext. 217
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
FILM
> >catalogue
> >( you remember film, the clunky stuff on reels) and I am about to buy =
some
> >mailing lists
> >Traditionally I buy lists from SCS, NACA, UFVA & CCUMC but I am =
wondering
> if
> >the
> >CCUMC list is relevant. Are any of you guys members ? It seems more
> oriented
> >towards
> >technology than content so I am not sure if I want to spend the money
> >mailing a film
> >catalogue for this group. We can of course do Public Performance =
Video
> >screenings on most of the titles in our "film" catalogue but I am =
trying to
> >limit the mailing to people who would in
> >fact need sources for PUBLIC showings of films.
> >
> >Feel free to e-mail me Directly so as not to clutter up the list with
> >"commercial"
> >discussion.
> >
> >Jessica Rosner
> >Kino
> >Jrosner@Kino.com
>=20
> Rick Provine
> Coordinator for Library Technology
> Roy O. West Library
> DePauw University
> Greencastle, IN 46135
> provine@depauw.edu
> http://acad.depauw.edu/~provine/
> 765.658-4792
> 765.658.4017 fax
> 765.653.1047 home
>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C0AD4E.4DE3C140

Ditto! Additionally, I have never had a print = catalog fail to=20 open when I needed it and am able to flip through the pages quickly = without=20 having to browse for something specific. It is not unusual to have = trouble=20 accessing Internet sites (for a variety of reasons), and browsing a web = site is=20 tedious at best.
Raised on print,