Re: Looking for Black Musical

Mark Richie (Media2@bellatlantic.net)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:47:59 -0800 (PST)

These may be off track but . . .Also: "Black Shadows on a Silver
Screen" narrated by Ozzie Davis 1990 avail thru Libraru Video Company

also:
MIDNIGHT RAMBLE: BLACK FILM INDUSTRY
60 min., LVC, 1996
Focuses on African-American film producer Oscar Micheaux, and the race
movies
necessitated by segregation of theaters. PBS production.

RACE MOVIES: THE POPULAR ART OF THE 1920'S
20 min., NAVC, 1985
Vintage footage is featured in this documentary on early African-
American film makers.
Details the unique aspects of films made by and for black audiences in
the 1920's, few
examples of which have survived.

MLR