Re: Need Advice on Mailing lists

Rick Provine (provine@DEPAUW.EDU)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:27:16 -0800 (PST)

To be honest, I throw most catalogs straight in to the trash these days
anyway. I want web sites. Easy to use, with all the necessary purchasing
info that I can cut and paste straight into e-mail for our purchasing people.

Save the trees...

At 09:21 AM 3/15/01 -0800, Jessica Rosner wrote:
>Well I hate to reverse the trend on this list but as an evil commercial
>I need some help from librarians. I am just about to print our new FILM
>( you remember film, the clunky stuff on reels) and I am about to buy some
>mailing lists
>Traditionally I buy lists from SCS, NACA, UFVA & CCUMC but I am wondering if
>CCUMC list is relevant. Are any of you guys members ? It seems more oriented
>technology than content so I am not sure if I want to spend the money
>mailing a film
>catalogue for this group. We can of course do Public Performance Video
>screenings on most of the titles in our "film" catalogue but I am trying to
>limit the mailing to people who would in
>fact need sources for PUBLIC showings of films.
>Feel free to e-mail me Directly so as not to clutter up the list with
>Jessica Rosner

Rick Provine
Coordinator for Library Technology
Roy O. West Library