Re: Battleship Potemkin

Jessica Rosner (jrosner@kino.com)
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:03:44 -0800 (PST)

All I can add is that our 16mm & 35mm prints are from the same material as
the White Star video and I have never had a complaint. The Republic version
was the most common one on video and was from the 1930 bowlderized reissue
and cut most of of the steps sequence including the entire shot of they
women being struck in the eye.

That is all I know but unless Criterion or Home Vision has a copy out with
the rest of their Eisenstein's I think the White Star is the best copy

Jessica