Re: Documentaries featuring war crimes trials in South Africa

Cambridge Documentary Films, Inc. (cdf@shore.net)
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:03:39 -0800 (PST)

Try "Long Nights Journey Into Day" *( a wonderful film!!!) from California
Newsreel in SF 149 9thSt. SF, CA 94103 415 621 6196

also in production, I have seen some footage is "Arusha" about the Rwanda
hearings at the International War Crimes Tribunal in Arusha. It is being
done by Mandy Jacobson, one of the filmmakers who did "Calling the Ghosts"
about Bosnia, another appropriate about war crimes,rom Women Make Movies in
NYC
462 Broadway 5th fl, NY<NY 10013 212 925 0606

Margaret Lazarus

At 08:36 AM 3/8/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm hoping the list can help me with this. My brother is teaching a
>university course and is looking for documentaries that would cover the
>following:
>
>- the truth and reconciliation hearings in South Africa
>- the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, which the
>Canadian Louise
>Arbour used to be Chief Prosecutor for.
>
>The CBC say they have nothing that they could locate.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Darryl Wiggers

Cambridge Documentary Films, Inc.
P.O. Box 390385 Cambridge, MA 02139-0004
ph (617)484-3993 fx (617)484-0754
www.shore.net/~cdf
cdf@shore.net