Re: another copyright question

Jan O'Neill (tconeij@tc.cc.va.us)
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:46:27 -0800 (PST)

>>> Media2@bellatlantic.net 02/26/01 01:20PM >>>
Scenario Four is the only one of the four that would qualify under
section 110(1).
The Students are getting credit, so we have to presume that this is
part of regular and systematic instruction sanctioned by the school.
The professor of the project will be present, so we are good on
face-to-face.
Having a guest lecturer is moot.
Lets also assume the tape is lawfully obtained.

The only gray area I see is if the screening is open to others outside
the class - students or the general public. 110(1) is silent on this.
If I have a guest(s) in my classroom, do I have to throw them out before
showing the tape? My opinion is no.

Number 4. At worst, in the style of Ivan Bender, you might be doing 6o
in a 55 zone.

Mark Richie