Presidential Debates...

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 14:28:56 -0800 (PST)

Hmmmm...here's the word from browning re presidential stuff. I'm not
convinced...

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:02:46 -0500
From: Robert X Browning <rbrowning@c-spanarchives.org>
To: Gary Handman <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: RE: Can you help us with this question, Robert?

no, these are owned by those who own the rights to the recording
the Kennedy-Nixon debates for example are by one of the Networks that
produced them

each network has copies of modern appearances, but each asserts copyright
over the recording that they make
further many of these are protected under trademark law: NBC logo

so rights must be secured

Robert X Browning
Director, C-SPAN Archives
3065 Kent Avenue