Re: Copyright question...a new one!

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:24:40 -0800 (PST)

Presidental speeches are in the pd...debates are probably also in the PD
(altho a legal stickler might point to the fact that any network commentary
insinuated into such debates makes the work something else again...)
Compilation tapes are also something else again (if someone has edited the
speeches, the edited version may very well stand as a unique--i.e.
copyrightable--work)

gary handman