Re: videotape of press conference from 1973

Thu, 8 Feb 2001 06:42:43 -0800 (PST)

Good question. This pre-dates the C-SPAN archive at Purdue, so that's not
an option. I checked OCLC WorldCat and didn't find a separate tape of the
resignation. However, the series _Watergate_ (1994), distributed by Films
for the Humanities & Sciences, has an episode called "Massacre" that
features Cox and may include the press conference. I would call FFHS and
ask them. Here's the description from the WorldCat record:

This episode of the continuing saga of Watergate tells the story of the
rise and fall of the special prosecutor, Archibald Cox, and how sober,
well-informed senior attorneys at the Justice Department became serously
concerned over the impact Watergate would eventually have upon
Constitutional government.

Good luck! -- Kris

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Gretchen Wolf wrote:

> We are trying to locate a videotape of Archibald Cox's televised press
> conference on Oct. 20, 1973, when he resigned. Does anyone have
> suggestions who to contact or where to look to find out if such a
> videotape exists (for purchase)?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Gretchen Wolf
> Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
> Duke University School of Law Library
> Box 90361
> Durham NC 27708-0361
> USA
> wolf@law.duke.edu
> (919) 613-7062
> fax: (919) 613-7237

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405