Re: DVD Audio

Mon, 5 Feb 2001 09:52:47 -0800 (PST)

DVD-A (DVD-audio) is an emerging standard for delivering greatly enhanced
audio fidelity and storage capacity: see
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/technics_audio/technicsexplain
ed.htm

More to worry about...

As far as enhanced fidelity goes, for all of us over a certain age...it
don't really matter, do it? (too much Jimi Hendrix live at the Fillmore for
me a guess).

At 09:36 AM 02/05/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>I guess I don't understand what DVD audio is, unless it is some sort of
>surround sound audio typical of
>movie soundtracks.
>Most machines which play DVD's will play audio CD's...so what is the point?
>

> "Tatar, Becky"

> <bltata@aurora.lib. To: Multiple recipients
of list
<videolib@library.berkeley.edu>