RE: VERY interesting copyright article

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:12:26 -0800 (PST)

But it's the final USE of the product which matters, isn't it? If I buy a tape for
my personal use, it's MINE to do with as I please. If I buy a tape to sell or
rent to others, isn't that the distinguishing point? Harrison was making a
product to "sell", as it were. He violated the copyright, even unintentionally.
And Mr. CleanVideo is (intentionally) altering the content IN ORDER TO
RENT the item, NOT for his own private viewing. Isn't that the difference
which matters?

Susan