Re: Films on the Web

Patricia O'Donnell (odonnell@ucla.edu)
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:09:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,
On a related note, I had an interesting conversation with a sales
representative from Films for the Humanities and Sciences recently. He
told me that they are in the process of trying to clarify their "digital
distribution" rights with their major producers. The goal is to develop
policies which would allow for multicasting (aka on demand) and unicasting
of their legally purchased videos over our campus servers. We've been
"streaming" some of our in-house produced materials for a year now, to
great response from the students.

Patricia O'Donnell, Manager
UCLA Instructional Media Library