Re: Films on the Web

stephen O'Riordan (soriordan@ucsd.edu)
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 10:18:36 -0800 (PST)

Kris,

Holy cow ! I forgot that's coming down the request pipeline. So far so
good - that is, no film faculty has requested the library to purchase (?)
a web film, though a lot of that kind of art is being done here at UCSD.

Stephen

At 01:14 PM 1/31/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Have any of you in academic libraries been asked to "acquire" digital
>films that are accessible via the web? A film studies prof here is
>studying digital filmmaking and she gently broached the subject of the
>library making some of these films available to her students. These films
>are born digital and are not available on any tangible medium. Thanks...
>-- Kris
>
>Kristine R. Brancolini, Director, Digital Library Program
>Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
>Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Web: www.dlib.indiana.edu

Stephen O'Riordan
Film & Video Library
University of Calif. San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla Ca 92023-0175Q
phone: (858) 534-7981
fax: (858) 534-0189
e-mail: soriordan@ucsd.edu
http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/fvl/FVLPAGE.HTM