Re: CD Security

W K Ling (wkling@hkapa.edu)
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 19:39:03 -0800 (PST)

Dear Ms. Kong,

The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts Library puts all CD, DVD and VCD
on open shelves with security containers which help to save space and
shorten the check-out process time.

You are welcome to visit us if you wish to.

Regards

Wai-king

Original Message -----
From: "Teresa Kong" <teresak@hkbu.edu.hk>
To: "Multiple recipients of list" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Sent: 22 January 2001 14:09
Subject: 回覆 : CD Security

Hello listservers,
I'm interested to know this issue too. At present, we store the discs in our
office area, whilst the cases are displayed on the shelves for browsing. But
this occupy double spaces, and the staff have to find the discs from the
drawers, which is rather tedious when the circulation rate is high.
Recently, we are thinking about shelving the discs back to the cases, but
haven't decided yet on what to do. How about security cases? Can anymore
give me some ideas on both security and efficiency? Thanks.

Teresa Kong
Assistant Librarian
Multimedia Learning Centre
Hong Kong Baptist University