RE: Widescreen vs. letter-box--trivia
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:24:20 -0800 (PST)

Just for the sake of discussion:

Before "letterboxing" became the usual way of presenting wide-screen films
on video format, there was a technique that sort of condensed the
widescreen image into a narrower format, with sometimes odd-looking
results. While reading this discussion, I have been trying to remember
what it was called. Does anybody remember?

Sue DeHut

Susan Davis-DeHut
Director, Educ. Media Services
Linfield College
900 SE Baker Street
McMinnville, OR 97128