Re: Video conversions

Jan Derks (jderks@ald.lib.co.us)
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:35:48 -0800 (PST)

One solution we've used is to extend the patron checkout time - with very upbeat
signage that gives your situation a positive spin. You can also do a promotion to
get patrons to check out more titles - a "Snow Day-Show Day at Home" kind of fun
approach (like us in Colorado, Illinois might be able to use that idea!). If you
don't have branches in your library system to temporarily parcel them out to,
consider partnering with local fire stations, nursing homes or other local,
responsible organizations that you could count on to temporarily house and use
videos themselves - an "outreach" kind of service. Imagine the positive publicity
you could get from that! Worst case (and we've done this, too) is to put up
signage that the collection will be temporarily unavailable for a specified period
of time. Good luck, Becky. ~ Jan

--
Jan Derks
AV Collection Development Librarian