Re: Video conversions

Kathleen E. Pallan (Admin.mtech2@worthington.k12.oh.us)
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 12:37:01 -0800 (PST)

Becky,
We just had our shelves & book carts painted. We also moved to a new building
and our computers were down for a month and a half. We were unable to
circulate any media, as they were removed from the shelves and stacked 3 rows
deep on very large wooden moving carts. You may have some space, because they
will have to remove the shelving to paint it, but it will not be enough to keep
your videos in order. My only real suggestion is to try to get them to do half
of the shelves at a time, leaving the other half of your collection available to
circulate.

Of course now the Administrators are asking why our statistics are down!!! It
also took us quite a while to get our collection back in order, as the movers,
did not know Dewey and tended to place items back on the shelves in a
semi-random order. We have about 10,00 items. I don't envy you.
Kathleen
Worthington City Schools