Re: Videos on the Gay Deaf community

Don Chauncey (chaunceyd@mdpls.org)
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:40:56 -0800 (PST)

Attached is an entry distributed by Frameline. I'm using a new e-mail
system, so if you don't get complete information, e-mail me off the list.

>> view order cart
[ Genre ]

[ Subject Area ]

[ Alphabetical Titles ]

[ Film & Video Makers ]

ORDER INFORMATION

Join Our E-Mail List
for announcements of new releases and sales. Your name won't be traded or
sold.

Frameline Distribution
346 - Ninth St.
San Francisco, CA 94103-3809
USA
PH 415-703-8655
FX 415-861-1404
distribution@frameline.org

Actions Speak Louder
Than Words

by Richard Kwietniowski

Six deaf performers--three women, three men--are brought together to devise
staged pieces on the intersection of gay and deaf cultures, and the highly
politicized nature of both. The result is a diverse, assertive collage,
ranging from advice on how to seduce a librarian (in silence, of course), to
the importance of short hair in visibly proclaiming one's lesbianism and
deafness. Also included is an essential beginner's guide to sexual signing.

1992 . UK . 22 min. . color
British Sign Language, subtitles for the hearing

video sale: $125

video rental: $25

16mm rental: N/A

35mm rental: N/A

Order Info . Rental Policy . View Order Cart

Other Films by Richard Kwietniowski

Alfalfa
Ballad of Reading Gaol
The Cost of Love
Flames of Passion
Proust's Favorite Fantasy

DISTRIBUTION:
Home . Order Info . Programming Help . About . Submit a Film
Special Offers . New Releases . Browse Catalog . View Order Cart

FRAMELINE: Home . Festival . Funding . Membership

Copyright 2000 . Frameline . All Rights Reserved.