Re: renting films

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:46:41 -0800 (PST)

Our Cinema programs are so big that my area has a media booker who (among
other things) books all rentals and keeps track of costs for the various
departments. The academic areas are responsible for paying the charges but
all the book-keeping is done for them. At the end of the academic year they
are given a report that summarizes the costs and titles rented for each
course. The academic areas are also responsible for transportation costs
which we track for them as well. In our case the rentals for Cinema amount
to about $35,000 CDN each year.

Oksana

At 12:43 PM 1/3/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I was wondering if there are libraries paying for the renting of videos
>for campus departments, for example from the filmakers library? Or is the
>general practice that the department would pay for the rental? Thanks for
>input and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
>
>--
>Tami-Jo Eckley
>Electronic Services & Media Librarian
>Manhattanville College Library
>Purchase, New York 10577
>http://www.mville.edu/library
>Tel:(914) 323-5274
>Fax:(914) 694-8139
>
>--

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-7622
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8