Re: renting films

Steven Harris (harris@aztec.lib.utk.edu)
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:35:05 -0800 (PST)

I think the original question was in regard to COMMERCIAL video providers
who charge rental fees. The inquiry was about whether the library would
serve as an intermediary for the academic department, procure the video,
pay the rental fee, forward the video to the department, and then return
the video to the vendor afterward.

I don't think, on the face of it, that the original question has any
copyright implications for LIBRARIES. Now, the relationship the
commercial vendor has with the owner of the copyright may be another
question. But that's for them to work out.

--Steven Harris

Steven R. Harris
English Literature Librarian
145 Hodges Library