Re: Junkyard Wars

Jan Derks (jderks@ald.lib.co.us)
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:05:13 -0800 (PST)

--------------CD4C1711B262F772FD2AB914

Funny you should ask...When I came home from work last night, my sons were
glued to the program. First I'd ever heard of it. British-based, with very
innovative uses for junk. (You know, "one man's trash..."). It appears that 2
groups of participants create, engineer and build stuff out of junk. The two
groups then compete with each other using their "creations". Seems like it
might be appropriate for your D and I Dept although I haven't watched an
entire episode. ~ Jan Derks.

--
Jan Derks
AV Collection Development Librarian

--------------CD4C1711B262F772FD2AB914 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> Funny you should ask...When I came home from work last night, my sons were glued  to the program. First I'd ever heard of it.  British-based, with very innovative uses for junk.  (You know, "one man's trash..."). It appears that 2 groups of participants create, engineer and build stuff out of junk.  The two groups then compete with each other using their "creations".  Seems like it might be appropriate for your D and I Dept although I haven't watched an entire episode. ~ Jan Derks.