Re: Video Round Table meetings at ALA Midwinter

Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:17:42 -0800 (PST)

sometime during conference to get cracking.

Secondly: I wonder if we shouldn't contact conf planning to see if we can
specifically score a room that has round tables and a dias for the
program. My vague notion at this point is to have a combination of short
talks and break-outs.

I wish MRC has contacted us earlier: I think it's sorta a dingy notion
trying to do a whole program based on the Guidelines for Academic Media
Centers when these (i.e. the latest version) have only been out there in
the world for about a year. Not sure I want to pitch my fortunes with this
particular "do"...

Won't be able to make the Friday dinner...my plane gets in disgustingly
late. Maybe you, Annie, and others can do dinner on Sat??? Jeeze...I
can't believe I'm already talking about this stuff...

gary

M 11/30/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Just a quick note to remind you of the dates, times and places for Video
>Round Table meetings at ALA Midwinter in Washington, D.C., Jan.12-15.
>
>Jan. 13, Saturday, 9:30 a.m.--12:30 a.m., VRT General Business Mtg. I,
>Crowne Plaza Hotel, Lafayette Park Rm.
>
>Jan. 14, Sunday, 2 p.m.--5:30 p.m., Notable Videos for Adults Committee
>(screening), Grand Hyatt, Constitution Ballroom C
>
>Jan. 15, Monday, 9:30 a.m.--12:30 a.m., VRT General Business Mtg. II,
>Marriott at Metro Center, Salon A
>
>Jan. 15, Monday, 2 p.m.--4 p.m.--Notable Videos for Adults Committee
>(final selections), Renaissance Washington, Rm. 19
>
>We will also be planning the usual VRT dinner/get together on Friday, Jan.
>12. If anyone has any suggestions for a restaurant (preferably close to
>downtown hotels, and not featuring live entertainment in the the dining
>area :), I would love to hear about it.
>
>Hope to see many of you there...
>
>Best,
>
>Randy Pitman
>VRT Chair
>Publisher/Editor
>Video Librarian
>8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
>Seabeck, WA 98380
>Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
>Email: <mailto:vidlib@videolibrarian.com>vidlib@videolibrarian.com
>Web: <http://www.videolibrarian.com>www.videolibrarian.com

UC Berkeley 94720-6000
<http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC

"Everything wants to become television"
(Gregory Ulmer. Teletheory : Grammatology in the Age of Video)

Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
Web: www.videolibrarian.com