Re: Lee Remick movie...and what happens to TV movies anyway??

Gregory Callahan (gregory_callahan@hotmail.com)
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:23:15 -0800 (PST)

I remember the film fondly and did not find it all that "lachrymose". It had
a strong cast w/ the much missed Remick (who at the time was becoming queen
of the TV movies--in competition w/ Liz Montgomery perhaps), Lansbury and
Polly Holiday.

I recall that a few of Remick's TV projects ("Hustling," "Wheels," "Jesse")
did make it to video, but it seems that the vast majority of made-for-TV
movies never do--increasingly so. Disappointing, seeing that almost every
2nd or 3rd rate cinematic release eventually winds up available on video,
but often even the best of TV productions do not.

Is there also a preservation issue for future (or current) scholars
involved?

Greg