RE: The Religious Right Targets Women's Equality

Dew, Margaret (mdew@post.cis.smu.edu)
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:34:44 -0800 (PST)

------_=_NextPart_001_01C0597A.F69F4890

Hi Gail,

I don't know about that specific title, but the following may be of interest
to your faculty member.
It's very well done and is often shown in Womens Studies classes here at
SMU:

Title: Battle for the minds / produced and directed by Steven
Lipscomb.

Published: Los Angeles : New Day Films, [c1997].

1 videocassette (52 min.) : sd., col. with b&w ; 1/2 in.

Credits: Producer/director, Steven Lipscomb ; editors, Steven Lipscomb and
Anthony Sherin.

Convention, in regard to the role of women in the church and the ordination
of women in particular, by tracing changes in the leadership of the S.B.C.
and also the "conservative takeover" of the Southern Baptist Theological
Seminary.

Notes: Originally broadcast on the television program: Point of View.

"License copy for public performance"--Cassette label.

LC Subjects: Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Ordination of
women--Southern Baptist Convention. Conservatism--United States. Other
Authors, Contributors, Titles, etc.:

cheers,

Margaret Dew (SMU-Dallas)