RE: Depictions of college life?

Generic Id, Archive (Archive1@mailsrv.lse.ualberta.ca)
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:55:39 -0800 (PST)

------_=_NextPart_001_01C058BD.66E6DFE6

many Universities have their own film department (our did) they have made
direct ontopic films, some even 'full' length

-----Original Message-----
From: Carol Dunn [mailto:dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 2:27 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: RE: Depictions of college life?

Here's a few:
The Way We Were
Educating Rita
Oxford Blues

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On
Behalf Of Joan Goodwin
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 2:39 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Depictions of college life?

Videolibbers,

I have an interesting request.
We're looking for films that depict the 'University experience'.
Library staff are responsible for teaching a University seminar
class ("Freshman success") and need some sources to
compare and contrast images of college life. We've run through
some of the more obvious (and questionable) like 'Animal House',
'Back to school', 'Good Will Hunting' etc., and really could use
some more acceptable suggestions. We would like contemporary
films (I thought Mickey Rooney & Judy Garland would be great, but
I was out-voted. Should I demand a recount?).
Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

Joan Freeman Goodwin
Media Center Supervisor

Malcolm A. Love Library email:jgoodwin@mail.sdsu.edu
San Diego State University phone:(619)594-6759
San Diego, California 92182-8050 fax : (619)594-0718