Re: Search: George Wallace Speech

Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:08:03 -0800 (PST)

David: I would contact Michigan State University's Voice Library. Their
phone number is: Phone: (517) 355-5122. They have a huge collection of
spoken word sound recordings. I've been looking at their site because
this library is the lead in a NSF/Digital Library Initiative Phase 2
project to create a "National Gallery of the Spoken Word." Take a look at
the Voice Library home page:

http://www.lib.msu.edu/digital/vincent/about.html

You can also search their catalog (Magic 2). I did an author search on
George Wallace and found several sound recordings from 1963, but I can't
tell if the one you want is inclded.

For those of you who are interested, there's an article on the "National
Gallery of the Spoken Word" in this month's issue of D-lib Magazine:
<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november00/seadle/11seadle.html>
The goal is to create a web-based digital library of spoken word sound
recordings that are in the public domain. Sounds good to me... -- Kris

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, David Horvath wrote:

> We have a faculty member teaching the history of political discourse.
> We're looking for a audio or video copy of George Wallace's January 14,
> 1963 Inaugural Address.."segregation today...segregation
> tomorrow...segregation forever". Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, in advance.
>
> David Horvath
> Ekstrom Library
> Media and Periodicals
> david.horvath@louisville.edu
> 502-852-7589

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405