Re: Search: George Wallace Speech

Gary Handman (
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:11:22 -0800 (PST)

I think finding the entire speech is gonna be verrrrry difficult; however,
if memory serves, there are clips featured in

Kennedy v. Wallace : a crisis up close / produced by Drew Associates, Inc.
Los Angeles, CA : Direct Cinema Limited, 1988.

also possibly in the installment of the PBS series People's Century
entitled Skin deep, 1960

At 05:40 AM 11/16/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>We have a faculty member teaching the history of political
>discourse. We're looking for a audio or video copy of George Wallace's
>January 14, 1963 Inaugural Address.."segregation today...segregation
>tomorrow...segregation forever". Any ideas?
>Thanks, in advance.
>David Horvath
>Ekstrom Library
>Media and Periodicals

UC Berkeley 94720-6000

"Everything wants to become television"
(Gregory Ulmer. Teletheory : Grammatology in the Age of Video)