Re: Webcheckout system

Tami-Jo M. Eckley (eckleyt@mville.edu)
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 05:47:28 -0800 (PST)

On the flip side of this, webcheckout would be overkill for us here - and very expensive! I went to their demo at last years CCUMC conference and they demoed it again at this years a couple of weeks ago. I didn't go to the conference last year but I spoke to OnShore on the phone about it. It will be interesting to see who actually picks up the product to use - other than Chicago Art Institute...

From: Mary Laskowski <mkschnei@uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:13:06 -0800 (PST)

We also had a conversation with OnShore, but they were amazed to discover
the size of our media collection/operation, and would have to rewrite their
software to accomodate us. We compared their features with our homegrown
system and discovered that though theirs is flashy and much prettier to
look at, ours is more functional.
Mary Laskowski
Undergraduate Library Media Center
mkschnei@uiuc.edu