RE: Open Stacks vs. Closed Stacks

Pennington, Buddy (buddy.pennington@Rockhurst.edu)
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:17:05 -0800 (PST)

At Rockhurst University Library, we have our media (primarily videos) in the
open stacks (everything is open except reserve materials). We had them
separated from the print collection, but have been integrating them into the
print collection for the past year.

Buddy Pennington
Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
Rockhurst University Greenlease Library
buddy.pennington@rockhurst.edu
#816-501-4143

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristine R. Brancolini [mailto:brancoli@indiana.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2000 11:04 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Open Stacks vs. Closed Stacks

I've been reading the various responses to the University of Montana media
survey. I'd be curious to know of *any* academic library has their media
resources collection either in open stacks, either integrated into the
print collection or separate from it. It seems to me that we've had this
discussion before on the listserv and I remember only one academic library
with this arrangement. -- Kris

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405