Re: DVD Public Performance Rights

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:15:37 -0800 (PST)

Actually probably not but it depends on whatever contract or paperwork you
have. Most VHS tapes are pretty much sold with PPR for "life of TAPE" and
this would NOT transfer to a DVD copy of the same title. Also as rights
often change hands this could be another major issue. I am afraid that
unless you have it in writing that your PPR rights on are THE TITLE and not
the tape, there is no automatic transfer. I would check with the company you
purchased it from

Jessica Rosner
kino