Re: Eye of the storm video

Susan Albrecht (albrechs@wabash.edu)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:33:14 -0700 (PDT)

Right. And the sequel includes clips from the first film, as well as a
workshsop Jane Elliott did with adults who were employees of a correctional
institution. We bought ours from Insight Media last spring.

Susan

> "The Eye of the Storm" and "A Class Divided" are two different films. "Eye
> of the Storm" takes place in a classroom where the teacher divides the
> students into two groups. Those with blue eyes, and those with brown eyes
> to teach them about prejudice. "A Class Divided" is the sequel film
> bringing these same kids back together as adults.
>
> Jim Glenn
> Manager, Media Library
> University of California, Riverside
>

> At 01:02 PM 10/26/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >I believe it's available through PBS under the title "A Class Divided". A
> lot of people get confused about this, I don't know why they changed the
> title.
> >LeeAnne K.

> >Can anyone give me a lead on where to purchase "The Eye of the Storm"
> >This is the video about the teacher who
> >
> >taught her students about the realities of prejudice by using the color of
> their eyes as the criterion of superiority.
> >The copy we have in our region was purchased quite some time ago and we have
> >a patron who would like to buy his own copy. Any help would be appreciated.
> >Mary Gontarek
> >Owatonna Public Library
> >Owatonna, MN
> >MaryG@selco.lib.mn.us

Susan Albrecht
Library Acquisitions/Media Center Asst.
Wabash College Lilly Library
Crawfordsville, IN
albrechs@wabash.edu
***"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
-- Geddy Lee***