Re: security for videocassettes

Deg Farrelly (DEG.FARRELLY@asu.edu)
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

Is the extra work and lost productivity from the staff worth less than the
lost resources?

If you REALLY want to keep your resources from walking, lock the doors and
don't let anyone in! (ummm.... I guess THAT is not really a realistic
response, ist it?) SOME loss is to be expected with any accessible
collection. (Sad, but true)

We use another company's product (Kingsley Library Supply, I think) that
works with the 3M security system. We place the security strip on the spine
of the tape - on the box only protects the box.

We cover the strip with a standard ownership and copyright printed message.

Yes, we lose some tapes..... But the loss is minimal and the materials are
used much much more.

deg farrelly
ASU West Library
Phoenix, Arizona