Re: "School-appropriate" versions of feature films?

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 07:40:52 -0700 (PDT)

Just as an additional comment about these programs - they are unique,
family-oriented feature length movies but have not been distributed in
theaters. They are not edited or modified versions of theatrical released
features. Also, libraries can purchase them with pub. perform. rights.
They are dist. by the company by telemarketing and also by MicroMarketing
(also telemarketers). I'm not sure if you can purchase them from B& T or
Ingram. Jim Scholtz.

At 09:27 AM 10/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
> Are you thinking of 'Feature Films for Families' in Murray Utah? They
>provide "family" films with strong religious overtones. They say "no
>negatives--no profanity, obscenity or graphic violence." But they don't
>actually edit the films, just choose films that meet their criteria. List
>includes 'Rogue Stallion' 'Lost in the Barrens' and 'Buttercream Gang.'
>hope this helps
>Judie Porter
>Media Services Supervisor
>Portsmouth Schools, RI Jan Derks wrote: The name escapes me. Ideas,
>anyone? ~ Jan Randy Pitman wrote: Has anyone heard of a distributor
>selling "school-appropriate" versions of feature films? Someone sent me
>this question, and--aside from airlines-edited versions--I'm not that this
>is being done. The teacher used "Schindler's List" as an example of a title
>in which she'd be interested. Thanks, Randy Pitman
>Publisher/Editor
>Video Librarian
>8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
>Seabeck, WA 98380