Re: collection development

Victoria Caplan (lbcaplan@ust.hk)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:47:39 -0700 (PDT)

I do all the initial selections and vet requests from university faculty,
students, and staff. I then consult w/ my supervisor. If there is a very
expensive purchase we want to make (say, over $US 500) we will refer it to
the Collection Development librarian or the Collection Development
Committte.

Media has a separate budget, for all disciplines, not just for videos, but
for music, slides, and CD-ROMs that are not meant to be networked or
mounted on stand-alone databases.

- Victoria Caplan
Acting Media Resources & Microforms Librarian
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Library