Re: new immigrants titles

Ryan Krivoshey (ryan@frif.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:41:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Lisa,

Here's some more titles on new immigration that might be of interest to you:

MAYAN VOICES, AMERICAN LIVES - documentary on Mayan families who fled to
Florida in the 1980s from the violence in Guatemala.

TAXI TO TIMBUKTU - documentary on men from Mali who come to New York, Paris
and Japan to seek work and a better life.

THE TWO WORLDS OF ANGELITA - documentary that follows a young Puerto Rican
family's journey from a small town on the island to New York City's Lower
East Side.

For more information on these films and other similar titles, you can go
directly to our Multi-Cultural Studies page -
http://www.frif.com/subjects/multi-cu.html.

Hope this helps.

Ryan Krivoshey

At 09:39 AM 10/18/00 -0700, you wrote:
>am putting together a collection on new immigrants:
>Caribbean
>Central America
>South America
>East Asia
>West Asia
>North and Sub-Saharan Africa
>Eastern Europe
>
>I'd really like to hear your recommendations on titles--fiction and
>non--fiction, plus distributors--for the topic of new immigration wave
>to U. S.
>
>Thanks so much

Ryan Krivoshey
First Run / Icarus Films