RE: "School-appropriate" versions of feature films?

Dew, Margaret (mdew@post.cis.smu.edu)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:19:16 -0700 (PDT)

------_=_NextPart_001_01C03A09.A5A7D410

I first heard about that company when Cameron's "Titanic" was released on
video.
They offered to sell a version which edited out Kate Winslett's breasts.
Oh, the humanity...

-----Original Message-----
From: Patricia O'Donnell [mailto:odonnell@ucla.edu]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 2:40 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: "School-appropriate" versions of feature films?

Wow. Is that legal?

You're right. That's the name of the company. They've told me over the phone
that they do edit their films - so I don't buy from them. ~ Jan

Maurine Canarsky wrote:

Jan and Randy,I think you're thinking of Feature Films For Families. They
are in Utah, but I don't have their address. We've received donations of
their films. They state on the packaging that they are edited to be family
friendly.Best,Maurine CanarskyMedia LibrarianNoel Wien Public Library1215
Cowles St.Fairbanks, AK 99701907-459-1020907-459-1024
FAXmaurine.canarsky@fnsb.lib.ak.us