Re: "School-appropriate" versions of feature films?

Patricia O'Donnell (odonnell@ucla.edu)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 12:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

--============_-1240138156==_ma============

Wow. Is that legal?

>You're right. That's the name of the company. They've told me over the
>phone that they do edit their films - so I don't buy from them. ~ Jan
>Maurine Canarsky wrote:
>>
>> Jan and Randy,I think you're thinking of Feature Films For Families.
>>They are in Utah, but I don't have their address. We've received
>>donations of their films. They state on the packaging that they are
>>edited to be family friendly.Best,Maurine CanarskyMedia LibrarianNoel
>>Wien Public Library1215 Cowles St.Fairbanks, AK
>>99701907-459-1020907-459-1024 FAXmaurine.canarsky@fnsb.lib.ak.us

Regards,

Patricia O'Donnell , Manager
OID-Instructional Media Library
(310) 206-1248
odonnell@ucla.edu
http://www.oid.ucla.edu/imlib
--============_-1240138156==_ma============

Wow. Is that legal?

<excerpt>You're right. That's the name of the company. They've told me
over the phone that they <italic>do</italic> edit their films - so I
don't buy from them. ~ Jan

Maurine Canarsky wrote:

<excerpt>

Jan and Randy,I think you're thinking of Feature Films For Families.
They are in Utah, but I don't have their address. We've received
donations of their films. They state on the packaging that they are
edited to be family friendly.Best,Maurine CanarskyMedia LibrarianNoel
Wien Public Library1215 Cowles St.Fairbanks, AK
99701907-459-1020907-459-1024 FAXmaurine.canarsky@fnsb.lib.ak.us

<<<<mailto:jderks@ald.lib.co.us>jderks@ald.lib.co.us>

<bold>To: </bold>Multiple recipients of list
<<<<mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu>videolib@library.berkeley.edu>

<bold>Date: </bold>Thursday, October 19, 2000 7:34 AM

<bold>Subject: </bold>Re: "School-appropriate" versions of feature
films?

</fontfamily> It seems that there's a company (in Utah, I think), that
edits feature films to make them "family-friendly". The name escapes
me. Ideas, anyone? ~ Jan

Randy Pitman wrote:

<excerpt>

Has anyone heard of a distributor selling "school-appropriate" versions
of feature films? Someone sent me this question, and--aside from
airlines-edited versions--I'm not that this is being done. The teacher
used "Schindler's List" as an example of a title in which she'd be
interested. Thanks, Randy Pitman

Publisher/Editor

Video Librarian

8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW