Horrors of the Holocaust

Debra Jo Sujka (djsujka@acs.ryerson.ca)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:48:25 -0700 (PDT)

--------------6A4E7EEE2F0981234CEBE638

> Darryl Wiggers wrote:
> Question: If one wants to use a visual aid to demonstrate the horrors
> of the Holocaust, why show a "family-friendly" version of Schindler's
> List that eliminates the horror? Besides, there are tons of excellent
> documentaries on the subject. A few that come to mind are Children of
> the Holocaust, Memory of the Camps, Lodz Ghetto and Children Remember
> the Holocaust. These should be easier to track down anyway.

I am unacquainted with the mentioned titles, but the one that was really
graphic for me is "Night and fog." Of all the films and videos in
Ryerson's collection, this is the only one that I could not screen from
beginning to end (and it is only about 1/2 hour long!).

Debra Jo Sujka
Opinions expressed are strictly my own.
--------------6A4E7EEE2F0981234CEBE638

Debra Jo Sujka