Re: "School-appropriate" versions of feature films?

Judie Porter (ride0546@ride.ri.net)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:29:14 -0700 (PDT)

--------------CE4EDDF07298C77547CCB8D3

Are you thinking of 'Feature Films for Families' in Murray Utah? They
provide "family" films with strong religious overtones. They say "no
negatives--no profanity, obscenity or graphic violence." But they don't
actually edit the films, just choose films that meet their criteria.
List includes 'Rogue Stallion' 'Lost in the Barrens' and 'Buttercream
Gang.'
hope this helps
Judie Porter
Media Services Supervisor
Portsmouth Schools, RI

Jan Derks wrote:

> It seems that there's a company (in Utah, I think), that edits feature
> films to make them "family-friendly". The name escapes me. Ideas,
> anyone? ~ Jan
>
> Randy Pitman wrote:
>
>> Has anyone heard of a distributor selling "school-appropriate"
>> versions of feature films? Someone sent me this question, and--aside
>> from airlines-edited versions--I'm not that this is being done. The
>> teacher used "Schindler's List" as an example of a title in which
>> she'd be interested. Thanks, Randy Pitman
>> Publisher/Editor
>> Video Librarian
>> 8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
>> Seabeck, WA 98380
>> Tel: (800) 692-2270
>> vidlib@videolibrarian.com
>
> --
> Jan Derks
> AV Collection Development Librarian
> Arapahoe Library District
> Littleton,CO 80121
> Phone: 303-220-7704 x239
> Fax: 303-740-8283
> E-mail: jderks@ald.lib.co.us

--------------CE4EDDF07298C77547CCB8D3

Are you thinking of 'Feature Films for Families' in Murray Utah? They provide "family" films with strong religious overtones. They say "no negatives--no profanity, obscenity or graphic violence." But they don't actually edit the films, just choose films that meet their criteria. List includes 'Rogue Stallion' 'Lost in the Barrens' and 'Buttercream Gang.'
hope this helps
Judie Porter
Media Services Supervisor
Portsmouth Schools, RI