Re: Scheduling vs. circulating videos

laroi.lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

Gerald S. Lieblich Learning Resource Center
Bronx Community College
Bronx, NY 10453
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Gail B. Fedak=20
To: Multiple recipients of list=20
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: Scheduling vs. circulating videos

We are the media library on campus, totally separate from the =
University Library, so scheduling and circulating transactions occur at =
one place - ours. Faculty may check out our videos to take to class, =
may place them on hold for students to complete viewing assignments, or =
may schedule them to be played over the closed circuit system into their =
classroom. Students must use all media except audio cassettes in-house. =
We use Voyager's database, but have yet to get the booking/scheduling =
module to operate, so we have not abandoned our traditional phone, =
in-person, and email scheduling system. Also, we have no open stacks and =
interfile our PPR programs with the Home Use ones, making note of the =
Home Use only status (1) in the catalog number of those items, (2) with =
a Home Use Only red sticker on the cassette, and (3) with a restrictions =
note in the MARC record. Scheduling conflicts have rarely been a =
problem. Good luck with your booking and circulation policies.
Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132