Re: dome of silence - now solved

Andrea Slonosky (Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu)
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:46:11 -0700 (PDT)

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C03502.F7E12CB0

Re: dome of silenceSo it was. Thank you so much - now I can justify all =
my expenses with a razzle dazzle description of cutting edge technology =
that we will never ever get, and don't actually need...=20

Thanks again,

Andrea
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Adrienne Howard=20
To: Multiple recipients of list=20
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 10:30 AM
Subject: RE: dome of silence

No.. that was the "Cone of Silence". :)
=20

Adrienne Howard
Multimedia Library
Portland Public Schools
503.916.3228
www.pps.k12.or.us/district/depts/edmedia/avlib.shtml

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu =
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jessica
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 7:28 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list

I thought that was the thing from GET SMART

Jessica Rosner

From: "Andrea Slonosky" <Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: dome of silence

Hi all,

I am belatedly putting together my ALA report, and am, shockingly, =
a bit thin on details. Any help will be greatly appreciated.=20

Did any of you see the 'dome of silence' display? It was a =
contraption that allowed users to watch/listen to films without =
headphones. The dome was suspended above the computer/monitor and acted =
as a speaker.The cool thing apart from the sixties- space -age aspect =
was that if you were outside of the dome, you wouldn't hear a thing. =
However, they never sent me any literature, and I can't find all my =
handouts, so if anyone has any memory of this exhibit or any info to =
share, please let me know.=20

Thanks,=20

Andrea Slonosky
Media Librarian
Long Island University, Brooklyn Campus
(718) 488-1311
Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C03502.F7E12CB0

Re: dome of silence

So it was. Thank you so much - now I = can justify=20 all my expenses with a razzle dazzle description of cutting edge = technology that=20 we will never ever get, and don't actually need...

Thanks again,

Andrea