RE: dome of silence

Adrienne Howard (ahoward@pps.k12.or.us)
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:30:11 -0700 (PDT)

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C034E7.CF8BA8A0

Re: dome of silenceNo.. that was the "Cone of Silence". :)

Adrienne Howard
Multimedia Library
Portland Public Schools
503.916.3228
www.pps.k12.or.us/district/depts/edmedia/avlib.shtml

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jessica
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 7:28 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: dome of silence

I thought that was the thing from GET SMART

Jessica Rosner

From: "Andrea Slonosky" <Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: dome of silence

Hi all,

I am belatedly putting together my ALA report, and am, shockingly,
a bit thin on details. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Did any of you see the 'dome of silence' display? It was a
contraption that allowed users to watch/listen to films without
headphones. The dome was suspended above the computer/monitor and
acted as a speaker.The cool thing apart from the sixties- space -age
aspect was that if you were outside of the dome, you wouldn't hear a
thing. However, they never sent me any literature, and I can't find
all my handouts, so if anyone has any memory of this exhibit or any
info to share, please let me know.

Thanks,

Andrea Slonosky
Media Librarian
Long Island University, Brooklyn Campus
(718) 488-1311
Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C034E7.CF8BA8A0

Re: dome of silence

No..=20 that was the "Cone of Silence".  :)

Adrienne Howard
Multimedia Library
Portland = Public=20 Schools