Re: dome of silence

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

--MS_Mac_OE_3054275960_8503834_MIME_Part

I thought that was the thing from GET SMART

Jessica Rosner

From: "Andrea Slonosky" <Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 07:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: dome of silence

Hi all,

I am belatedly putting together my ALA report, and am, shockingly, a bit
thin on details. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Did any of you see the 'dome of silence' display? It was a contraption that
allowed users to watch/listen to films without headphones. The dome was
suspended above the computer/monitor and acted as a speaker.The cool thing
apart from the sixties- space -age aspect was that if you were outside of
the dome, you wouldn't hear a thing. However, they never sent me any
literature, and I can't find all my handouts, so if anyone has any memory of
this exhibit or any info to share, please let me know.

Thanks,

Andrea Slonosky
Media Librarian
Long Island University, Brooklyn Campus
(718) 488-1311
Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu

--MS_Mac_OE_3054275960_8503834_MIME_Part

Re: dome of silence I thought that was the thing from GET SMART

Jessica Rosner