RE: future DVD?

Ralph Huntzinger (ralphunt@kcls.org)
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:09:52 -0700 (PDT)

Gentlefolk,
Great stream -- interesting branches. Hopefully there will be more
discussion at Media Market and that will be reported here (in all its
glory, not just the sanitized version.)
However, let's not forget what part of the "business" most of us claim
to be (or have been) in: librarianship of some sort. A concern for
content is part of our professional duties just like stewardship of public
funds and providing requested materials for our "public(s)". 90% of what
we supply may be "trash", hopefully it is balanced by the 10% that may be
"treasure" -- my old daddy used to say that "one man's trash is another
man's treasure is another man's ...

I'll fade into the background and concentrate on creating illusions and
wonder -- but, don't forget the basics.

Ralph Huntzinger
King County Library System
155 days left but who's counting