RE: Circulating software?

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 08:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

We have been circulating software for almost 15 years. About 5 years ago,
we went strictly to CD-ROM. We send purchase orders on our letterhead, and
we have never had anyone refuse us an order. We put a label on the
packaging stating that the patron is responsible for following all copyright
regulations. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals/Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
PHONE: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209
email: bltata@aurora.lib.il.us
www.aurora.lib.il.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie Andersen [mailto:LeslieA@lhqsmtp.colapl.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 2:15 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Circulating software?

Hi all - Have any of you had any problems circulating software? Barring any
explicit licensing restrictions, is circulating CD-ROMs any different than
any other library material? We've had a question about the legality of this
and wondered what others of you have done. Please enlighten me! Thanks, as
always -

Leslie

Leslie Andersen
Non-Print Materials Evaluator