RE: Circulating software?

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

Ditto. I have noticed a huge increase in circulating Children's CDROM's.
All the adult titles are on the downswing (circ wise), probably due to the
amount of stuff you can now get on the internet.
Carol Dunn
AV Librarian, NT Administrator and Webmaster
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
419.422.1712 Ext. 217

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Jan Derks
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 3:29 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Circulating software?

Our public library district has circulated CD-Roms for years with no
complaint, challenge or question about the legality of circulating them. ~
Jan Derks

Leslie Andersen wrote:

> Hi all - Have any of you had any problems circulating software? Barring
any explicit licensing restrictions, is circulating CD-ROMs any different
than any other library material? We've had a question about the legality of
this and wondered what others of you have done. Please enlighten me!
Thanks, as always -

--
Jan Derks
AV Collection Development Librarian