Re: Circulating software?

Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

We have circulated multimedia CD-ROMs for several years. The first sale
doctrine applies to it in the same way it applies to other library
materials. We haven't purchased any CD-ROMs that have come with licenses
restricting their circulation. -- Kris

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Leslie Andersen wrote:

> Hi all - Have any of you had any problems circulating software? Barring
> any explicit licensing restrictions, is circulating CD-ROMs any
> different than any other library material? We've had a question about
> the legality of this and wondered what others of you have done. Please
> enlighten me! Thanks, as always -
>
> Leslie

> Leslie Andersen
> Non-Print Materials Evaluator
> County of Los Angeles Public Library

Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405